Camp MVP: Ethan Roulhac - Mosley (Panama City) 6'3" 2009
|2005 Adidas Rookie Sensations, October 15, Vanguard High School|
|8th and 9th grade Player Sketches from Jim Haley.|
This nifty left hander can score inside and out; 3 point range; looks to pass off dribble penetration;
good ball handler with size ; has all the offensive and defensive tools.
"Sweet 16" Allstars
- Brian Traina - Tampa Jesuit - 5'8" 2009: Voted runner-up MVP; outstanding point guard; good ball handler with great court savvy; hard nose and plays unafraid under pressure; penetration/finisher; has potential to be one of the best guards in the Tigers basketball tradition.
- Tony Watson - Palm Beach Gardens - 6'1" 2009: Loads of athleticism; another lefty with long range 3 point shooting; on the ball defense a plus; plays passing lanes on perimeter defense getting several steals; finishes in transition play; better shot selection; court savvy needs to improve.
- Brandon Serle - Father Lopez - 6'3" 2010: Thin formed; possesses strong forward fundamentals; likes to defend and plays with desire; makes good decisions.
- Michael Highsmith - Seminole (Sanford) - 6'3" 2009: Wing shooter; likes to rebound; has good finish off penetration; athletic slasher; moves well without the ball; high intensity type player; fundamentally sound defender.
- Gary Bush - Southridge (Miami)- 6' 2009: Lots of athleticism; will take it to the basket; must learn to play under control; defender; loves to penetrate; "shake and bake" offensive moves; scrappy hustler; needs to improve his shot.
- Derrick Brown - University (Orlando) - 6'3" 2009: Athlete with skills; hits offensive boards hard; runs the floor at full speed; intense competition; perimeter player with deceptive handles.
- Matt Snowberger - Keystone Heights - 6'8" 2009: Strong and physical inside player; good defensive rebounder with some power; has potential as a post player
- Leonardo Deloney - Rickards - 5'10" 2009: Point guard that can direct an offense; strong handle with either hand; good transition skills which fits into his high school program.
- Autis Gibson - P.K Yonge - 6' 2009: Outstanding transition type player; very athletic; good perimeter passer and defender; ultra quick slasher
- Taula Kolamatangi - Osceola (Kissimmee) - 6'6" 2009: Nice post up moves; has "baby hook" in his offensive arsenal and knows how to use the glass on inside shots; could play the 4 position; good rebounding box-outs
- George Robinson - Rickards - 6'2" 2009: Excellent transition player ; gets after it on offensive and defensive end; strong finisher; creates shots for others; hustler - attacks their rim with vengeance.
- Cameron Yarborough - Keystone Heights - 6'3" 2009: Lefty small forward with a nice offensive touch on perimeter; knows his role as a contribution; showed improvement each game.
- Austin Suarez - Berkley Preparatory - 6'3" 2009: Runs floor well for a big man; shot blocker; showed great defensive hustle; well rebound and handle it in middle of the floor in transition; active around the basket.
- Montana Brown - Bradenton Preparatory - 5'5" 2010: Outstanding ball handler; penetration with a flair to pass to open man; good shooter - hit several 3's in camp; won 3 point shooting contest; son of former globetrotter, Tommy "Cochise" Brown; ultimate gym rat!
- Matt Fletcher - Trinity Catholic - 5'9" 2009: Solid point guard; hits the jumper off the double; excellent court vision; improve on finishing in transition.
- Evan Jones - University (Orlando) - 5'11" 2009: Good penetration with a flair to pass; must improve shot selection; will hit the 3 point shot; has the quicks and excellent transition player.
Best of the Rest
- Terrant Hamilton - Vanguard (Ocala) - 6'4" 2009: Strong-physical inside player; defensive rebounder with power; finishes inside in the point.
- Justin Gunsby - Vanguard (Ocala) - 6'2" 2009: Good offensive skills; smooth inside game and can hit the 2 point outside jumper; active around basket; projected small forward.
- Jack Vicks - Leesburg - 5'8" 2009: Athletic; good penetration; tough hard nose competition; nice ball handling skills; bright future.
- Caleb Gates - Mandarin - 6' 2009: Good spot up jump shooter; penetrator; needs to improve court vision.
- Trel Lewis - Vanguard (Ocala) - 5'10" 2009: Lefty combo guard; scores in transition; needs to improve perimeter defense.
- Billy Donovan Jr. - St. Pat's - 5' 5" 2010: Son of U-F coach, Billy Donovan; plays hard and was one of the few campers diving on floor for loose balls; combo guard that hits the open man in both transition and half court game; very good with taking the "floating jumper" off the dribble.
- Kevin Burnell - Land of Lakes - 6' 2009: Small forward that shows some hustle; will bang inside and rebound; son of USF assistant coach, Frank Burnell .
- Hunter Williams - Forest - 5'5" 2009: Good ball handling point with solid court savvy for the game; knows how to read defense under pressure.
- Darius Griffin - Lake Region - 6'3" 2009: Thin frame player; nice post moves finishes inside paint; athletic shot blocker; needs weight program and improve on rebounding; lots of potential.
- Brandon Green - Wharton - 6'3" 2009: Another lefty forward; athleticism galore; loves to bang and rebound; loads of potential.
- Anthony Dennis - Belleview - 6'1" 2009: Forced to play out of position at camp as his team had 2 no show post players; showed a lot of hustle but will probably be a perimeter player later.
- Coleson Janey - Forest - 5'5" 2010: Another left handed jump shooter with good ball handling skills; team player - very unselfish; must get physically stronger but young!
- C. J Gates - Lecanto - 6' 2009: Thin frame perimeter player; set shooter;
- Bobby Horodyski - Buchholz - 5'10" 2009: Coach's son; very heady point guard; strong ball handler; sees the court in both full and half court, finding the open man; streaky 3 point shooter; competitor that doesn't turn it over.
- Jake Haslem - Tampa Preparatory - 6'1" 2009: Good ball handler; plays under control; spot up shooter.
- Frank J. Popieski - Eustis - 5'10" 2010: Good point guard skills; needs to improve perimeter defense; solid passer and ball handler.
- Richard Murven - Bartow - 5'8" 2010: Lefty guard with good penetration skills; court decisions will improve with age; will take it to the basket.
- Callum Townsend - Bloomingdale - 6'2" 2009: Small forward with a soft touch; spot up shooter; plays smart and sees the floor well; needs to get back on defense.
- Mike Cardwell - Land of Lakes - 6' 2009: Lefty with potential; will thrive in the LOL offensive system.
- Kethan Williams - Shores Christian - 6' 2009: Perimeter forward that possesses 3 point range; handles ball with both hands; hustler with guard skills.
- Jamie Calabrese - St. Pat's - 6' 2010: "Smart" point guard skills; looks and passes ahead in transition; soft touch on jump shot; plays intense.
- Brock May - Shores Christian - 5'8" 2009: Good pull up shooter - needs to be more aggressive; combo guard with mid-range jump shot.
- De Angelo Boston - Rutherford - 6'5" 2009: Good post-man passer; looks inside-out for open man; nice soft touch inside the point; offense of defense at this stage.
|Copyright © Florida Hoops. All rights reserved.|
No part of Florida Hoops, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. This includes framing of web content, modification, reproduction, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by
any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
|Florida Hoops does allow "fair use" for quotations, references, etc., as well as limited use of some content, by permission. Fair use guidelines apply
for quotations or other content extracts from Florida Hoops. All references must be complete and accurate, and include the site URL in the reference.
Please contact us by email for information on redistribution of our content, or for permission to use any site content.